Jackson Township is looking for qualified applicants for our Secretary/Treasurer position. Resumes can be submitted via email to [email protected]
SECRETARY/TREASURER JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the maintenance of Township records, seeing that Township business is properly transacted, and seeing that the problems and questions of citizens are attended to or brought to the Supervisors’ attention. Work is performed independently with decisions being made in accordance with established rules and policies. Work is reviewed by the Board of Supervisors through written and oral reports of actions taken.
- Prepare agenda for Supervisor meetings, attend meetings to record minutes and provide procedural advice.
- Inform Planning Commission of correspondence received and provide procedural advice.
- Maintain files on all subdivision/land development plans.
- Assist citizens by informing them of Township rules and laws, explaining procedures, hearing complaints and either resolving them or referring them to the responsible official.
- Pay bills and other obligations upon approval of the Supervisors, scheduling payments to the Township’s advantage by observing due dates, discount periods, and maturity dates of invested funds.
- Assist Supervisors and the solicitor in preparation of legislative actions by typing, checking, advertising and recording the action as required by law.
- Perform bookkeeping functions and accounts for Township funds.
- Prepare payroll and maintain records for Township employees.
- Issue building and road permits along with collection of fees and prepare permit reports.
- Maintain other records in accordance with a retention schedule of items such as advertising, bids, contracts, road repairs, official actions and incidents.
- Write and respond to letters.
- Sign all checks.
- Prepare Treasurer’s reports.
- Record all ordinances, resolutions, etc.
- Process all insurance claims.
- Preparation of Budget.
- Manage short term investments of Township funds and maintain investment schedules.
- Prepare and file all required forms and reports required by state and federal government and insurance carriers.
- Communicate with Township Engineer, Solicitor and other Township Boards.
- Other miscellaneous duties as may be required by the Supervisors.
- Oversee Tax Collector and Sewage Enforcement Officer and maintain records respectively.
McAlevy’s Fort Trick or Treat Night will be held on Thursday, October 27, 2022 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. Please practice all safety precautions while visiting houses and have fun!
In June 2021, Senate Bill 554, Act 65 amended the Pennsylvania Sunshine Law.
Specifically, Act 65 amends Section 709 of the Sunshine Act (relating to the giving of public notice) to require every political subdivision do all of the following:
- Post the meeting agenda on the political subdivision’s website at least 24 hours prior to a meeting, which agenda must include a list of each matter that may be considered at the meeting;
- Physically post the agenda at the meeting location, as well as at the principal office of the political subdivision;
- Distribute copies of the agenda to all members of the public in attendance.
Beginning in October, Jackson Township will post the meeting agenda on this website, at the Stone Creek Valley Vol. Fire Co. building and on the office door located at 13233 Greenwood Rd, Huntingdon. Hard copies will be available the night of the meeting.
On July 6, 2021 agenda of the regular monthly meeting of the Jackson Township Supervisors was the awarding of mowing telephone bids. Two bids were received for the road mowing of Jackson Township, both with identical hourly rates. At the meeting, Supervisors decided to seek legal counsel on bid tie breaking before proceeding.
There will be a special meeting on Monday, July 12, 2021 at 7:00 PM to break the tie for the 2021 season mowing. All meetings are held at the Stone Creek Valley Vol. Fire Co. Building in McAlevy’s Fort.
Any questions should be directed towards the Township office at 814.667.2992.
Jackson Township’s 2022 Clean Up Days
Friday, June 10 8AM – 5PM
Saturday, June 11 8AM – 12PM
Tires will be collected at the following rates:
Auto – $2
Truck – $4
Tractor – $6
$0.50 extra with rim
Please DO NOT bring the following:
Hazardous Waste, Liquid Paint or Solvents, Gas or Propane Cylinders, Batteries, Used Motor Oil, Oil Filters, Lawn/Yard Waste, Household Garbage, Building Materials (cement blocks, wood, drywall, etc.) Insulation is accepted, but must be pre-bagged. NO Electronics.
NO SUNDAY DROP-OFFS.
SALVAGE RIGHTS RESERVED
Held at the Stone Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Company Building
5470 McAlevy’s Fort Road, Petersburg, PA 16669
In the beginning of 2021, the County Commissioners announced that there were four recycling sites throughout Huntingdon County that would not be included in the upcoming 10 year Recycling Program.
Jackson Township’s Recycling Site at the Jackson-Miller Building is among the four that are set to close unless individual Townships accept the financial burden of retaining the recycling dumpster. The Supervisors invite the public to attend the regular meeting of the Supervisors on March 1st to ask questions, share concerns and voice opinions about the current recycling program and the future of the Jackson Township Site.
Due to COVID-19 concerns we will be practicing social distancing and masks are encouraged.
If you have any questions or want to provide written comments to be read at the meeting, please contact Heidi Yoder.
[email protected] 13233 Greenwood Rd, Huntingdon, PA, 16652
The Jackson Township Planning Commission will be meeting on January 7, 2021 at 6:30PM to review a minor sub-division submission. The Jackson Township Board of Supervisors will be meeting at 7:00PM to hear the Planning Commission’s recommendation. All meetings are held at the Stone Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Company building located at 5470 McAlevy’s Fort Rd, Petersburg, PA 16669.
Welcome 2021! The end of an old year and beginning of a new is always a busy time here at the Township. Last fall we said goodbye to our chairman, Steve Fleck, and welcomed back Raymond Tussey to the Board of Supervisors. We also welcome Marian Keller, an addition to our auditors, replacing Janet Stiehler. We thank Janet for her years of service as an auditor.
The first meeting of the year is tonight, January 4th. At 7:00pm we will begin with our annual re-organizational meeting and then immediately move into the regular monthly meeting of the Supervisors. All public meetings are held at the Stone Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Company building located at 5470 McAlevy’s Fort Road, Petersburg, PA 16669. We hope to see you there!
Welcome to Jackson Township! We have created this site as a go-to place for updated information about events, roadwork and general happenings throughout the Township for the good of the community. We hope you find it helpful.