Jackson Township is looking for qualified applicants for our Secretary/Treasurer position. Resumes can be submitted via email to [email protected].
SECRETARY/TREASURER JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the maintenance of Township records, seeing that Township business is properly transacted, and seeing that the problems and questions of citizens are attended to or brought to the Supervisors’ attention. Work is performed independently with decisions being made in accordance with established rules and policies. Work is reviewed by the Board of Supervisors through written and oral reports of actions taken.
- Prepare agenda for Supervisor meetings, attend meetings to record minutes and provide procedural advice.
- Inform Planning Commission of correspondence received and provide procedural advice.
- Maintain files on all subdivision/land development plans.
- Assist citizens by informing them of Township rules and laws, explaining procedures, hearing complaints and either resolving them or referring them to the responsible official.
- Pay bills and other obligations upon approval of the Supervisors, scheduling payments to the Township’s advantage by observing due dates, discount periods, and maturity dates of invested funds.
- Assist Supervisors and the solicitor in preparation of legislative actions by typing, checking, advertising and recording the action as required by law.
- Perform bookkeeping functions and accounts for Township funds.
- Prepare payroll and maintain records for Township employees.
- Issue building and road permits along with collection of fees and prepare permit reports.
- Maintain other records in accordance with a retention schedule of items such as advertising, bids, contracts, road repairs, official actions and incidents.
- Write and respond to letters.
- Sign all checks.
- Prepare Treasurer’s reports.
- Record all ordinances, resolutions, etc.
- Process all insurance claims.
- Preparation of Budget.
- Manage short term investments of Township funds and maintain investment schedules.
- Prepare and file all required forms and reports required by state and federal government and insurance carriers.
- Communicate with Township Engineer, Solicitor and other Township Boards.
- Other miscellaneous duties as may be required by the Supervisors.
- Oversee Tax Collector and Sewage Enforcement Officer and maintain records respectively.